Accreditation is third-party attestation related to a conformity assessment body conveying formal demonstration of its competence to carry out specific conformity assessment tasks.
HAA conducts accreditation based on following basis:
Law on Accreditation (Official Gazette 158/2003, 75/2009), Decree on the foundation charter of the Croatian Accreditation Agency (Official Gazette 158/2004, 44/2005, 30/2010), Statute of the Croatian Accreditation Agency, Rules on accreditation of the Croatian Accreditation Agency
Sector laws and bylaws such as: Law on Food (Official Gazette 46/2007, 155/2008, 55/2011), Law on organic production and labeling of organic products (Official Gazette 139/2010), Ordinance on pressure equipment (58/2010) etc.
HAA was established to implement technical legislation in the Republic of Croatia with the aim to support quality and safety of products, processes and services as well as to reduce operating risks and increase competitiveness at the Croatian and global market.
- Competent testing, calibration, certification and inspection services in Croatia
- Acceptance/Recognition of test reports and certificates of conformity issued in Croatia and other markets
- Technical support to the Croatian economy in reaching competitiveness at the global market
- Confidence in quality and safety of products and services on the Croatian market
- Technical support to the state administration bodies in implementing regulations in the area of citizens' safety and health, environmental protection, consumers' protection and other public interests.
HAA represents the Republic of Croatia and actively participate in the work of European and International organizations for accreditation.
HAA (in the scope of DZNM) became affiliate member in EAL in 1997.
HAA (in the scope of DZNM) became associate member in EA in 1999.
HAA (in the scope of DZNM) became associate member in ILAC in 2002.
HAA has been full member of the EA (European co-operation for accreditation) since 17 November 2005.
HAA signed EA MLA on 29 April 2010 for all accreditation schemas.
HAA has become full member in ILAC and signed ILAC MRA on 28 April 2010.
HAA apply guidelines given by EA, ILAC and IAF.
Sound calibration and testing measures decrease production costs, product discrepancies, anticipate innovations and help in making decisions on risk assessments.
Reliable product certificates increase consumers' confidence, product beneficiaries as well as market competitiveness.
In the management system the reliable certificates increase trust in the business system of the company and its competitiveness and enable access to new markets.
Selection of an accredited body ensures competent service providers and confident business partners. Since the assessment is performed by an independent accreditation body, it is time and money consumable and it reduces business risk.
Assessed accredited organization has been constantly monitored by HAA during the accreditation process. In case of complaint to work of accredited organization, HAA will take necessary measures.
Only those organizations accredited by HAA are entitled to use the HAA sign.
State Administration Bodies
Accreditation has been internationally recognized for ensuring trust in the work of institutions, authorized for testing, calibration, certification and inspection by the state administration office for the purpose of protecting public interests.
Accreditation guarantees increasing organizational and technical competence of the laboratories, certification and inspection organizations.
End users/consumers and clients
Accreditation provides confidence in safety and quality of products and services, if tested, certified or under the supervision of the competent organizations that satisfy the internationally acceptable criteria.
- Testing laboratories - testing and calibrations in order to identify certain characteristics and determining safety of industrial products, safety and quality of food, citizens' health protection, consumer and environment protection.
- Calibration laboratories - calibrating of measuring and testing equipment
- Certification organizations - certification services:
Products in accordance with standards for products and in accordance with certification standards
Quality management system (HRN EN ISO/IEC 9001)
Environment management system (HRN EN ISO 14001)
Other management system (safety, health)
Personnel (quality systems assessors, welders, nondestructive testing examiners).
- Inspection organizations - inspection in construction area, production of pressure equipment, organic farming, fuel distribution, calibration certificate, motor vehicle area and other areas.
The list of accredited bodies in the Republic of Croatia can be found at the HAA web page, under the section Accredited bodies.
Requirements for accreditation are set in standards.
Accreditation is performed in accordance with International (ISO, ISO/IEC) and European (EN) standards, which have been accepted in the Republic of Croatia as Croatian Standards (HRN).
These standards are the following:
- Calibration and testing laboratories: HRN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Medical laboratories: HRN EN ISO 15189
- Certification bodies, Products: HRN EN 45011
- Certification bodies, Management systems: HRN EN ISO/IEC 17021
- Certification bodies, Persons: HRN EN ISO/IEC 17024
- Inspection bodies: HRN EN ISO/IEC 17020.
Standards can be purchased from the Croatian Standards Institute, Ulica grada Vukovara 78, Zagreb www.hzn.hr.
Accreditation is proof of competency for performing testing, calibration, certification or inspection.
Certification provides the certificate of conformity of the management system, products or persons with specific standards or specifications (eg.HRN EN ISO 9001).